Wet Area Silicone Sealant 75g
Selleys Wet Area Silicone Sealant is ideal for use in bathrooms, kitchens and laundries and delivers a superior waterproof and mould resistant seal that will not shrink, crack or peel away, guaranteed for 25 years.
- 100% silicone sealant
- 25 year guarantee* against crumbling, cracking or peeling away
- Waterproof seal – superior adhesion and resistance to lifting provides a long lasting, flexible seal
- Mould resistant – helps prevent growth of unsightly black mould and fungus
- Available in a range of colours to suit most wet areas
- Non corrosive neutral cure formula
Where can this product be used?
- Shower screens
- Plumbing fixtures
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Ceramic, glazed and porcelain fixtures
- Metal, copper and brass fittings
- Plastic laminates
- Stainless steel
- Concrete and grouts
- Many plastics including polystyrene
Full Cure Time: 72 Hours
Shelf Life For Unopened Product: 18 Months
Technology: Neutral Cure Silicone
How to use?
Use in a well ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- Clean surface with turpentine and dry.
- Cut cartridge, fit and cut nozzle at 45° angle and fit into cartridge gun.
- Place in caulking gun such as Selleys Caulking Gun and apply with steady pressure, ensuring sealant is pushed into joint.
- Tool with a spatula dipped in detergent water within 5-10 minutes of application.
- Clean up with turps before product skins.
- Sealant will cure in 72 hours.
- Not paintable. Complete painting 7 days prior to applying sealant.
- Not suitable for building materials that bleed oils or solvents, such as impregnated wood.
- Not for use on polyethylene, polypropylene or Teflon. Pre-test plastics before use.
- Not suitable for aquariums.
- Not suitable for food or drinking water contact.
- Not suitable for permanent water immersion.
- For neater joints, mask sides before applying sealant and remove tape before sealant skins.
- When first applying product, extrude a small amount onto a piece of scrap material to ensure a smooth continuous flow of silicone sealant.
- Work in sections that can be completed before sealant skins.
- Tooling off and tape removal must be completed before skinning occurs, or a rough surface may result. Working in sections allows for a better finish.
*Refer to product label for full conditions. This guarantee does not limit and may not necessarily exceed your rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.