Silicone Sealant 75g
Selleys Silicone Sealant is an acetic acid curing, one part silicone sealant. It has excellent adhesion to many household materials forming a permanently flexible waterproof seal.
- Excellent adhesion to glass, metals, timber, ceramic materials
- Forms a durable seal
- Does not shrink when drying
- UV resistant
- Remains flexible – will not shrink, crack, crumble or dry out
- Weather resistant
Where can this product be used?
- Forms a permanently flexible waterproof seal on many household materials
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Stainless steel
- Most plastics
Full Cure Time: 24 Hours
Shelf Life For Unopened Product: 18 Months
How to use?
- All surfaces must be clean, dry and free from soap, dirt, dust, oil and loose rust. Clean surfaces with mineral turpentine and wipe dry with a clean rag before applying sealant.
- Pierce seal on tube with reverse end of cap.
- Cut nozzle to desired opening with a sharp blade, apply nozzle to tube.
- For smooth seal, hold at slight angle and push sealant ahead of nozzle into joint, ensuring that it touches both surfaces.
- For a smooth finish, tool with a spatula dipped in mild detergent.
- Excess sealant must be cleaned up before the sealant skins in 5-10 minutes. Wipe excess away with a cloth dampened in mineral turpentine.
- Sealant will cure fully in 24 hours (based on thickness of 3mm). At this point any unneeded sealant can be removed by trimming with a sharp blade, but avoid under-cutting the seal.
Allow to fully cure for 7 days. Prior to usage, thoroughly wash out with water, drain and refill before introducing fish. Suitable for construction and repairing small aquariums. Specialist design is required for large tanks. Contact Selleys if unsure.
- Cannot be painted over.
- Not recommended for below waterline applications, except for glass aquariums.
- Will not adhere to concrete, cement products and oily woods (ie. Cyprus, Teak, Red Cedar, Rosewood, Ebony).
- Will not adhere to zinc or copper containing metals, marble, limestone or lead.
- For a cleaner appearance mask both sides of joint prior to sealing. Remove tape before silicone skins.
- For a better finish complete painting prior to use of sealant as it cannot be painted over.
- For a smooth finish use a spatula dipped in detergent solution.